Odeceixe Parish Church - Built in the nineteenth century was inaugurated in 1880 . The patron saint is Our Lady of Piety and patronage belonged to the Order of Santiago .
The architecture is of great simplicity , especially within a balanced triumphal arch Manueline style . Chancel in neoclassical style .
Windmill of OdeceixeMoinho Drift Odeceixe - Located at the top of the village of Odeceixe . In full operation , it is possible to observe the whole process handmade grain mill , where the miller watch the wind direction and dominates all tasks implicit in grinding . Also this site you can enjoy a magnificent view over the white houses of the village , on the floodplain and on the winding river Seixe .
Cellar - Odeceixe Museum - This museum center aims to recreate a wine cellar space , as once there were several in the area , especially between the decades of twenty- forties of the twentieth century . This house played to its owner a social function . To invite her friends for a " proof of wine" and the " Petisqueira " as it could finalize a "business " or offer " Adiafa " ( meal or meals provided to employees for completing a task or a farm construction) .
In your estate can be observed utensils sufficient for performance of the activity .
PARISH OF ROGIL
Mill ArregataMoinho of Arregata - A few meters Rogil , parish council , is the mill Arregata . Also here it is possible to observe the gadgets and utensils handmade grain milling .
PARISH OF BORDEIRA
Parish Church of the Parish of BordeiraIgreja Bordeira - Temple possibly before the 1755 earthquake , has a very simple architecture . However , its interior has a single nave , is a huge contrast to the exterior . The triumphal arch , the altar and the side come in baroque carvings , motifs genuinely Algarve , such as figs, which proliferate throughout the province . The patron saint is Our Lady of the Incarnation .
In front of the church there is a portico of Bordeira monumental Manueline , which gives access to the old cemetery attached to the church . It is recognized , however, that has not been run for this purpose , considering its subsequent reuse for that entry.
Fortress and Church of Carrapateira - Situated in the village of Carrapateira , the fortress dates back to 1673 , to defend the coast against pirates Moroccans and involves the church at the time that the existing site , dedicated to Our Lady.
Museum of Ocean and Earth CarrapateiraMuseu Sea and Earth Carrapateira - Located in the village of Carrapateira , this museum aims to convey the sea life and who survives him , as well as activities related to the land , through audiovisual and representation objects and utensils used in daily deal these traditional activities .
MunicipalMuseu Municipal Museum ( composed of two museums and an art gallery )
Center for Archaeology - Displays important archaeological periods Mirense (late Glacial Age - 7000 BC ) , Late Neolithic / Chalcolithic ( 3000-2500 years . C. ) and Bronze Age ( 1200-900/800 BC ) .
Interesting set of ceramics from the Muslim Aljezur Castle . Note also the stone with Coat of Arms of the Order of Santiago , which is judged from the former Church of Aljezur , destroyed by the 1755 earthquake .
Nucleus Nucleus Ethnography Ethnography - With the representation of a traditional room and a kitchen , also a large space with a valuable collection , which contains parts of ethnography Aljezurense , such as the plow , the wagon , plows , as well as several utensils used in the daily deal of traditional activities .
MisericórdiaIgreja of Mercy Church - Built in the sixteenth century , was damaged by the 1755 earthquake , it was rebuilt in the eighteenth century . It has a simple Renaissance portal , bearing the date 1577. Property of Santa Casa da Misericordia de Aljezur , its interior is also a great simplicity , with a single nave and a small and simple triumphal arch ( Renaissance) .
Museum of Sacred Art Monsignor Manuel Francisco PardalMuseu Sacred Art Monsignor Manuel Francisco Sparrow - Annex to the Church of Mercy , is a museum of religious themes ( Arte Sacra ) , with the spoils of Mercy of Lagos, the Parish of Our Lady of Alva and some offerings and acquisitions . Its patron is renowned Aljezurense Canon Monsignor Manuel Francisco Sparrow ( 1896/1979 ) .
The pieces are attributed to seven windows according to the time of the Liturgical Catholic Church : Advent , Christmas , Ordinary Time , Lent and Holy Week , Easter, Pentecost and Ordinary Time . Prominent is the first showcase containing personal items and other , for the patron of this museum .
House - Museum - Museum Painter José CercasCasa Painter José Cercas - From collection of the house of the painter José Cercas (1914-1992) , a native of this village , contained pieces of crockery and abroad , pottery , sculptures , religious art , valuable furniture of different , paintings and drawings of his own and other national artists paintings .
Museum - was formerly the chapel of St. Anthony of Aljezur century construction . XVII . After 1809 began serving housing , having been , in 1998 , installed a museum here alluding to St. Anthony . It features images of the saint from different eras , paintings , antique prints, books , coins and medals , prints and other curiosities about the topic .
CasteloCastelo - National Monument . Erected by the Arabs in the century. X and taken from the Moors in the century. XIII was the last castle to be conquered in the Algarve . Although in poor condition, maintains its about walls ( XIV century ) and two towers . From here guests enjoy the magnificent panoramic views : the source of the vast floodplain of Aljezur and the area of the New Church , and west of the Don Valley Sancho , where once grew rice .
Source of Lies - Situated on the edge of the road , at the base of the foothills west of the castle hill , poetically is a place of archaeological and historical conjuncture and the subject of various legends . It is the source advocate , through an underground passage communicates with the castle and there is hidden a beautiful Moorish , loved by a Christian , when the conquest of the village .
Church of Our Lady of Alva or NovaIgreja Church of Nossa Senhora da Alva or New Church - Located in urban area of Aljezur called New Church , was erected at the end of the century . XVIII . The interior , with three naves , features the altarpiece of the Main Chapel carved neoclassical ( 1809 ) , bearing the image of the patron saint of Lagos, Our Lady of the Dawn .
Ruins of Fortress Fortress ArrifanaRuínas Arrifana - Although the summer months to arm , front Arrifana Beach , a frame fishing only in the reign of Philip III ( 1635) there is sent to raise a strong defense of fishermen , beach and cove , being Governor and Captain -Major of the Kingdom of Algarve , D. Gonçalo Coutinho .
Over the years , the fort was gradually destroying , mainly due to weathering and water in the sea tides . Rebuilt in 1670 , in 1755 was hit by the devastating earthquake , having been deeply damaged .
Authentic natural viewpoint , here you can enjoy the most beautiful views of the Costa Vincentian .
Ribat Arrifana - Next Valley Tile , the Ribat Arrifana , convent - fortress founded by Sufi master Ibn QASI , about 1130, was erected at Ponta da Watchtower and served during the long Moorish occupation as a mix of military and religious center .
Archaeological excavations carried out have revealed a number of mosques and oratories , and constitutions of different dimensions , still continuing the work by teams of archaeologists . We are facing what remains one of the greatest Rîbats ever found in the Iberian Peninsula .
In particular , remain extremely well preserved spaces devoted to prayers to Allah , facing Mecca .